Here is a link to a video that is a repost from Tony Horton's Facebook page.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRSGUZrOU_w&feature=youtube_gdata_player
My next post was going to be regarding the importance of nutrition in your overall fitness goals and this explains why it should be a main focus. I have always been into health and fitness except for a couple of times in my life except for when my wife was pregnant with our first child. She got pregnant and so did I, at least my belly looked that way. Another when I was approaching my 40th birthday. I was up to a snug 36 waist and close to a new pants size. My epiphany was when I was in my hair stylist's chair wearing the drape that they put on you a little more snug than normal. Looking at myself in the mirror my head looked like a plump sausage about to pop out of the skin. I was done. I started to eat right-meaning 5 to 6 smaller meals a day focusing on the gylcemic index eating style. This is my method of choice because of the importance of lower sugars which have implications to diabetes and it is a healthy way to eat. My version focuses on a child's plate where each of the smaller portions are a lean protein and complex carbohydrate. The larger portion consists of fruits and vegetables because of the lower calorie density and fiber component. This combination and frequency keeps you fuller longer and keeps metabolism consistent throughout the day. I would have to declare nutrition as the most important part because the average 30 minute workout burns about 250 - 300 calories. You could blow up your workout efforts by blowing out a high fat and calorie meal. I see many in the gym that have been the same size for the last several years although they are in the gym diligently working out. Talking with them about their diet, I realize that this is where they are blowing it. I give advice to help but you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make them drink. I on the other hand at 40 restarted my workout plan and had a nutritional lifestyle change-diet is a word that is not in my vocabulary. I lost almost 40 pounds and have kept it off for 2 years now. My midlife crisis inspired me to get my medical certification as well as fitness training certification with the hopes my advice will change peoples lives for the better.
No comments:
Post a Comment